[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-g7jnrt’ admin_preview_bg=”]
VTCT/ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
The VTCT/ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a 33 credit teaching qualification that develops practical teaching skills and through the optional units can prepare Teachers to work in a wide range of contexts. This will allow you to teach adults in any area in which you already hold a professional qualification. This is not restricted to the Hair and Beauty Industry, it is for any adult teaching in a VEC or Private College environment.
Applicants need to be qualified, proficient or experienced in the subject which they intend to teach. They must hold recognised Qualifications and have sufficient personal skills to complete the academic and other requirements of the programme.
They will also need to be able to support their learners at the appropriate level whilst delivering their subject specialism. Applicants must be able to study at minimum academic Level 4 – the same level of study as the first year of a degree course.
IT skills are essential for both the completion of the course but also to work as a Teacher. Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point as well as the ability to develop and print high-quality presentations and notes will be expected. With COVID all future teaching will require IT Skill such as zoom, power point etc.
There is a requirement for a minimum of 30 hours of practice for this qualificaion with a minimum of 3 assessed observations.
There is a minimum attendance requirement of 90 %
You can progress from the VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training directly into employment as a teacher in the Further Education Sector.
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study; qualifications you could progress to include:
VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (Assessors Award)
Delivering education and training. UET 8
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches.
- Evaluating own delivery practice.
- Understanding how technology can enhance teaching and learning.
Assessing learners in education and training. UET 9
- Types and methods of assessment.
- Conducting and recording assessments in accordance with processes and requirements.
- Evaluating own assessment practice.
Managing learning and development in groups. UV40767
- Plan and complete a class based on the teaching training cycle.
- Understand the strengths and limitations of your own role.
- How to motivate staff and students.
- Learn about grow models, risk assessments, tutor logs and schemes of work.
- Perform a micro-teach and receive an evaluation from your student
Teaching in a Specialist Area UET 12
- Understand the aims and philosophy of education and training in a specialist area
- Understand the aims and structure of key qualification and learning progammes available to learning in a specialist area
- Understand principles of inclusive teaching and learning and key curriculum issue in a
- Understand how to use resources for inclusive teaching and learning in a specialist area
- Be able to work with other within a specialist area to develop own practice
- Be able to evaluate, improve and update own knowledge and skills in a specialist area
€2615.00 This includes, Course folder and workbook, posted in advance, Course text book, all virtual classes, all assignment corrections, 2 ITEC assessments and the ITEC Certification upon completion of the course.]
This course is now funded through Image Skillnet – ask for details regarding the requirements – Call Anna on 01 2107848
Deposit is 500.00 with the full payment due before March
Terms & Conditions apply to all bookings, please check when booking your course with Anna or Shona
[av_section min_height=” min_height_px=’500px’ padding=’default’ shadow=’no-shadow’ bottom_border=’no-border-styling’ bottom_border_diagonal_color=’#333333′ bottom_border_diagonal_direction=” bottom_border_style=” id=” color=’main_color’ custom_bg=’#ffffff’ src=” attachment=” attachment_size=” attach=’scroll’ position=’top left’ repeat=’no-repeat’ video=” video_ratio=’16:9′ overlay_opacity=’0.5′ overlay_color=” overlay_pattern=” overlay_custom_pattern=” av_uid=’av-dlgqrd’]
[av_one_half first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-1b1j4p’]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av_uid=’av-aod3c9′]
Interested in This Course? See Next Start Dates and Secure Your Place
[/av_one_half][av_one_half min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-9l5wvd’]
[av_button label=’View Upcoming Course Dates Fees and How To Secure Your Place’ link=’page,3479′ link_target=” size=’medium’ position=’center’ label_display=” icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue81e’ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-823j4p’ admin_preview_bg=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-57wh55′ admin_preview_bg=”]
- Theory Lessons
- Home Assignments
- Practical ‘Micro-Teaching’ College based lessons
- Ongoing Assessment
- Practical Teaching Assessments
- On completion of the course, successful candidates will receive a ITEC/VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Education and Teaching.
- This maps to a Level 6 QQI on the National Framework. (Train the Trainer Level 6 with a full Assessor’s Award, and part of an IQA Award).
[av_button_big label=’View Upcoming Teaching & Education Course Dates, Fees and How To Secure Your Place’ description_pos=’below’ link=’manually,https://bronwynconroy.com/upcoming-courses-teaching-education/’ link_target=” icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_font=’#ffffff’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ color_hover=’theme-color’ custom_bg_hover=’#444444′ av_uid=’av-4fm66x’][/av_button_big]
[av_hr class=’default’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ av_uid=’av-39m96h’]