ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
Plus Option to Add Level 3 Assessors Award
This is a Virtual Course with a live classroom once a month on a Sunday (GMT times) The course runs over 10 months and is the minimum requirment to work in any Public or Private School or Academy
Student Testimonial: Kate Lynch
13 March 2022 (Sunday) -10.00 - 16.00 on zoom
The course will commence with a full Induction programme which will run on zoom from 10am – 4pm.
A course textbook will be supplied, and all other material will be sent by email.
The main aim of the Level 4 VTCT Certificate is to prepare Trainee Teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts. It requires observation and assessment of practice. This Course maps to Level 6 on the Irish QQI Framework.
After completion of this intensive 8- 9 month Course, trainee teachers are officially recognised as Level 6 Adult & Further Education Teachers and will be fully prepared to begin the new career as an Adult Educator.
Full IT skills including, Power Point, Excel and Microsoft Word are compulsory for any teaching role and necessary for this course. We would strongly recommend that these skills are acquired either before or during the completion of this course.
All course assignment work must be presented in fully typed documents, by email, to the Tutor. All class presentations and teaching practice must be accompanied by A power point or video or similar teaching aids, notes and hand-outs.
As an educator you must ensure that you are catering for all learning styles in your delivery of all taught content.
Course Information - All the Inside details!
Blended Learning (In School & Online)
This is a Blended learning Course with Tuition provided as a virtual classroom. Travel to our Schools is not required.
You will need to acquire 30 hours split between teaching observation and teaching practice, which you can arrange yourself locally at a VEC, College etc.
When open, subject to COVID Numbers and Distance requirements, we may be able to offer opportunities of this in either of our Dublin or Cork Schools.
Your ITEC Certificate will not be supplied until this has been signed off and fully completed.
The assignments required must be completed to a level equivalent to the First Year of a University Degree Course, so possibly 30,000 to 40,000 words required for the First Assignment in particular. Correct Professional English with Harvard Referencing is also required. Annette your Tutor will provide guidance for all of this . It is critically important to stay on top of the work required following each class.
We are also adding the option to complete the Assessors Qualification at the same time, this is an extra 2-days and has now become just as important as the Teaching Qualification. With more on-line courses, continuous assessment will be required for practically all courses. The Course fees for Assessors is €650.00 , this can be added at a later stage during the course.
The LEVEL 4 Certificate is the minimum teaching qualification required by any public VEC or a private School that is offering ITEC/VTCT or CIDESCO qualifications
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches.
- Evaluating own delivery practice.
- Understanding how technology can enhance teaching and learning.
- Types and methods of assessment.
- Conducting and recording assessments in accordance with processes and requirements.
- Evaluating own assessment practice.
- Plan and complete a class based on the teaching training cycle.
- Understand the strengths and limitations of your own role.
- How to motivate staff and students.
- Learn about grow models, risk assessments, tutor logs and schemes of work.
- Perform a micro-teach and receive an evaluation from your student
- Understand the aims and philosophy of education and training in a specialist area
- Understand the aims and structure of key qualification and learning progammes available to learning in a specialist area
- Understand principles of inclusive teaching and learning and key curriculum issue in a
- Understand how to use resources for inclusive teaching and learning in a specialist area
- Be able to work with other within a specialist area to develop own practice
- Be able to evaluate, improve and update own knowledge and skills in a specialist area